What is Hosting?
What is Hosting?
What is hosting?
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and businesses to make their websites available on the World Wide Web. The server has a storage amount assigned, such as 1 GB, 3 GB, 80 GB and more. The size of the storage depends on what type of website you would like to run on the hosting server. Here are some website types for you to review:
1. Landing Page. A 1-page website with a contact form.
2. Business Website. A 5-page website filled with brand, business or non-profit organizations content, such as About Us, What We Do and mission statements.
3. Blog Style website. A multi-page website with blog-post content written by an authors, brands, businesses, or non-profit organizations. The Blog / Articles are indexed according to content categories.
4. Portfolio website – For the freelancer who would like to display art, photography, wedding photos, and more.
What is a domain name?
Within the Internet, a domain name is an identifier string that specifies a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control. Domain names are used for application-specific naming and addressing in a variety of networking settings.
The domain name is linked to your hosting account. The domain name allows your clients to view the website via the address. For example, www. Yourwebsite .co.za / .com.
The domain name also allows your brand / business to have personalized email address accounts. No more Gmail accounts!
What is server storage, and how much do I need for my website?
- Standard 5-page website: 1 Gigabyte / GB
- eCommerce Online Shop: 3 Gigabyte / GB
- Landing Page: 1 Gigabyte / GB
- Portfolio Website: 3 Gigabyte, to 8 Gigabyte. Depending on content type, such as images & Videos.
Let’s Work Together
Kindly complete the Contact Us form to receive a “call back” from a MBMS Sales Consultant. Feel free to provide additional information via the “Project Details” field.